· Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
· Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
· Balance sheet account reconciliations & review. Ensure all reconciling items are cleared timely and accurately.
· Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up-to-date
· Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
· Prioritize invoice according to cash discounts and payment terms
· Process check requests and reimbursements
· Pay online bills
· Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
· Escalate issues as appropriate
· 1099 maintenance
· Process daily deposits
· Post receivables, set up clients on payments, 1-pay, 2-pay, 10-pay, etc.
· Post credit card transactions
· Assist CFO in month end closing, bank reconciliations, etc
· Adjusting and ad hoc journal entries as needed to support fiscal close processes.
· Maintain digital and paper files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
· Follow internal control procedures in accordance with management and internal audit expectations. Ensure continuous compliance.
· Process weekly and bi-monthly payroll for employees using Evolution
· Process and review payroll reports and provide to CFO for funding
· Process new hires, status changes, direct deposit changes, tax changes, address changes, name changes, terminations
· Set up and manage all court ordered employee deductions such as child support, garnishments, IRS levies, tax liens
· Provide payroll related reports (EEO-1, wage statements, 401k, quarterly reporting) as requested or as needed for compliance
· Stay on top of payroll related law changes and updates
· Work with CFO on Benefits Management to ensure all benefit deductions are setup in payroll system
· Assist with other projects and work as needed
· Ability to work well under pressure and organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to interact with vendors and employees in a timely and professional manner.
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Communication skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Collaboration and team work
· Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
· Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with employees, vendors, etc.
· Ability to meet deadlines and respond promptly to stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in team driven environment yet be able to work independently to complete daily expectations
· Strong critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problems
· Proactive, detailed, and results oriented
· Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
· Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and Quickbooks.
· Experience with Evolution Payroll a big plus
· 3+ years of Payroll experience.
· 5+ years of Full-Cycle Accounting experience.
· 2+ years of Human Resources/Benefits experience.