Under general supervision, this position deposits and applies payments to customer account. May also resolve issues related to customer cash application. It also serves as an internal partner to Credit, Operations and Sales to assist in identifying potential solutions and resolving discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processes Deposits via lockbox and apply payments matched to correct customers and proper general ledger accounts.
2. Assists customers with account reconciliation and resolves straightforward payment discrepancies.
3. Escalates issues to Credit, Operations, and/or Sales teams as needed
4. Resolves issues with customer cash application by understanding the issue, researching potential drivers and identifying potential solutions that meet the need of the company and the customer
5. Acts as a partner to Credit, Operations and Sales by quickly bringing issues to their attention, working with them to understand the cause of the problem
6. Works in line with internal partners preferences to resolve each issue and reach a solution.
7. Assists in audit requests as directed by management
8. Able to work in multiple ERP systems.
9. Works collaboratively with peers to assist in resolving issues as needed.
10. Adjusts workflow when needed to help manage payment volumes or meet deadlines.
11. Participates in special projects as deemed necessary by credit and business management.
12. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
13. Other duties may be assigned.
• Experience in accounts receivable role, preferably with experience resolving disputes • Good organizational skills • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written • Strong customer service skills • Ability to manage complexities and analyze information to make informed decisions • Ability to justify decisions verbally or on paper when reviewed • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with a midsize or larger enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two (2) years accounts receivable or credit (cash) experience or comparable combination of experience and education. Score of 7000 KSPH and 70% Intermediate Excel proficiency. Lock box experience is a plus!