We’re currently accepting applications for a Sr. Business Analyst for a large bank in the Tampa Bay area. The group is responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the corporate event process. We must provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. The group processes corporate actions, including name changes, forward/reverse splits, cash and stock mergers, tenders, merger elections, Dutch tenders, rights exercises, conversions and redemption's etc. for all asset classes.
The group works with external custodians to process allocations from our custodians to our clients. Other duties include the managing of communications with clients involving all corporate events including mandatory and voluntary offers, annual reports and proxies. The ideal candidate must be able to manage conflicting priorities effectively and demonstrate clear communication to internal and external stakeholders
Familiarity with cash (domestic and international) and physical securities (DTC) settlements. Solid understanding of U.S. commodity, equity and interest rate markets. Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements. High degree of accuracy. A quick learner, comfortable with and able to manage complex trading systems and environments. Strong customer orientation, internal and external, with a commitment to quality, accuracy and efficiency. Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills, with proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Strong computer skills including MS Office, Word, MS Outlook and Excel.
• Must have a good understanding of all capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes and industry-wide best practices
• Understanding of the terms and conditions of mandatory and voluntary offers and the process of communicating these to clients and internal interested parties
• Familiar with the regulatory environment and maintaining strong controls
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience working with custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk